Monday, December 23, 2013

Beliefs

As we went to get water, Anya and I came upon a flock of red-polls. In a distance, the small birds were feeding off alder-seeds. Anya wanted to go closer to get a better look at them. I told her that if she did that the birds would fly further away. She was wondering about that, and I shared with her what I know about flight initiation distance and the birds' instincts with regards to us being potential predators.

Later, I started to wonder about the extent to which I convey my beliefs along with what I know. And what do we really know? Science is not static, it evolves, expands its insights constantly. In 100 years from now, some of what we take for "granted scientifically proven facts" will be obsolete.

I would love to hear some of your thoughts on that topic!

Believes in snow angels (December 22, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback and questions!